Welcome to The 2030 Agenda and it’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – An Introduction to CSOs.
You’re joining all the learners currently enrolled in the course. We’re excited to have you in the class and look forward to your contributions to the learning community.
To begin, we recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. Review the material we’ll cover each week, and preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Go to Discussion Forums to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow participants taking the modules. The Quizzes are compulsory to complete the Course and the pass grade is 80% correct answers for each week (5 correct answers). Your Certificate will be available to download from your profile once you complete the Course.
If you have questions about course content, please post them in the forums to get help from others in the course community. For technical problems with the course platform, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck as you get started, and we hope you enjoy the course!
About the Course
On the 25th of September in 2015, 193 member countries of the United Nations adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at a special UN summit. The Agenda is a commitment and a call to action to every country, company, civil society entity and citizen of the Earth to work towards achieving sustainable development worldwide by 2030. This commitment was made in response to the unfolding climate emergency and the endangerment of our shared planet. The Agenda contains a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – 17 goals that outline a roadmap on how we want to share the Earth’s resources amongst a growing global population and how we can sustain these resources for future generations. This plan is the result of many consultations between civil society, countries and corporations across the world.
This Course provides detailed content on Sustainable Development Challenges in the Maldivian context, including an introduction to each of the 17 SDGs and its targets. The course provides you with up-to-date knowledge about the current understanding of the SDGs and their status in the Maldives and will introduce you to a number of interesting initiatives in the country to accelerate achievement of the SDGs by 2030.
The course is designed for individuals and organizations in the civil society sector; however it can be used by any one interested in learning about sustainable development.
Acknowledgement & Credits
This Course has been developed by FJS Consulting Pvt Ltd for the United Nations Resident Coordinator’s Office, Maldives.
Special thanks to the following persons and organisations for their support in developing this course.
- Catherine Haswell, UN Resident Coordinator for Maldives
- Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment
- Aminath Abdullah, Plastic Noon Gotheh
- Dr. Abdulla Naseer, Minister of State for Environment
- Aneesa Ahmed, Co-Founder – Hope for Women
- Thoha Saleem, Managing Director – Pinnacle Consultancy & Former Principal
- Mohamed Nizam, Principal – B. Goidhoo School
- Asma Hussain, President of N. Velidhoo Council 2017 – 2020
- Fathimath Razeena, Mother of a Blind Child
- Mohamed Inaz, Director – Climate Change & Sustainable Development, FJS Consulting
- Mohamed Affan Shakir, Organising Secretary & Project Manager – SWMARAF, Small Island Geographic Society (SIGS)
- Fathimath Zuhana, Programme Analyst – UNFPA
- Aishath Shahula Ahmed, Programme Specialist – UNICEF
- Ismail Azzam Wajeeh, CEO – National Social Protection Agency
- Mariyam Visam, Registrar of Companies – Ministry of Economic Development
- Mauroof Zakir, General Secretary – Tourism Employees Association of Maldives
- Aminath Raayan, Public Relations Official – Women In Tech
- Suhail Ahmed, Managing Director – Housing Development Corporation
- Ahid Rasheed, Programme & Governance Manager – Transparency Maldives
- Nasheeth Thoha, National Peace & Development Specialist – UN Resident Coordinator’s Office
- Dr. Ahmed Adham Abdulla, Commissioner – Human Rights Commission of the Maldives
Course Development Team:
- Fareeha Shareef, Co-team Leader
- Hamid Sodique, Co-team Leader
- Maleeka Salih, Content Developer
- Abdulla Waheed, Presenter/ Translator
- Deena Shareef, Coordinator
- Mohamed Inaz, Advisor
- Ismail Sodique, Designer
- Ahmed Fayaz, Platform Developer
- Fathimath Lubaina, Support Consultant
- Ismail Yanim Abdula, Director of Photography / Editor
- Adam Shinadh, Lighting Director / Editor
- Ali Shamran, Head of Camera Operations / Editor
- Mohamed Shizan, Audio Technician / Editor